1911 - This year marked the first recorded flight of any airplane operated in New Hampshire. On June 19, 1911, Harry Atwood flew a Burgess-Wright bi-plane from Waltham, Mass. to Nashua, Manchester and Concord.
1920 - Robert C. Fogg becomes the first resident of New Hampshire to own an airplane and lands in Concord in his Canadian WWI "Jenny." Fogg later opened the first fixed-based operation in New Hampshire at the National Guard Muster Grounds in Concord, situated along the Merrimack River.
1920 - A local aviation committee in Concord is formed to raise money to purchase an aviation field.
1926 - The Concord Airport Corp. is formed by the Aviation Syndicate of Concord and petitions the Legislature and the Executive Council for use of state-owned property, south of the New Hampshire National Guard headquarters, for the Concord airport.
1927 - On July 25, Charles Lindbergh lands at Concord Airport in the Spirit of St. Louis on his U.S. tour.
1927 - Concord's first aircraft hangar is built.
1928 - Northeast Airways makes the first roundtrip flight from Concord to Manchester, then to Boston.
1936 - The Aviation Syndicate of Concord sells the airport land to the city and land is cleared for the runways and the administration building. Construction follows the next year.
1939 - Concord now has paved runways.
1941 - The Civil Air Patrol becomes active at Concord Municipal Airport.
1942 - The city spends $30,000 for the acquisition of more land for airport purposes. The federal government contributes $459,000 for the site construction.
1943 - A Concord terminal building housing FAA Flight Service and the National Weather Service is constructed.
1943 - Concord's second aircraft hangar is built and consists of three hard-surfaced runways constructed on 800 acres of land.
1946 - Brothers J. Wayne Ferns and Frank Ferns opened the second fixed base operation at Concord Municipal Airport, Ferns Flying Service Inc.