Time is running out to recognize an individual or organization for the New Hampshire Fish and Game Commission Award of Excellence. These awards recognize outstanding accomplishments in furthering the department's mission.
Nomination forms can be found at wildnh.com, Fish and Game offices or by calling 271-3511. Mail your nomination postmarked no later than Dec. 31 to: Commission Awards Program, N.H. Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301.
The award categories are:
1. Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence: An individual, group, organization, club, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance or benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources.
2. Youth Conservationist: A individual who is no older than 18, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources.
3. Communication: An outdoor communicator, writer, or media source that has written or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife or marine resources.
4. Conservation Organization: Any organization, group, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife and marine resources.
5. Volunteer: An individual who, as a volunteer with the department has helped support our mission.
6. Habitat Stewardship: An organization, non-governmental entity, individual or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation or creation of land management practices beneficial to the state's fish, wildlife and marine resources.
7. Landowner Appreciation: A person who excelled in preserving or enhancing opportunities for public use on private property.
For more information, visit wildnh.com.