After letting Junior eat fried dough for breakfast, check out the free family fun going on in front of the State House from 10 a.m. to noon, daily. With the help of area businesses, activities will be offered each day in the following categories: music, art, exercise and science. Such stimulating entertainment is guaranteed to help Junior stay focused and teach him (or her) a thing or two when he’s all hopped up on powdered sugar.
This new feature was organized by Kim Murdoch, a local do-gooder who was recently hired as the Centennial Senior Center’s new executive director. Seniors and kids? Kim clearly is passionate about all ages having a good time.
“When signing on to lend a hand with event planning, my thoughts turned to how I could best contribute,” Kim explains. “A few of my passions are supporting family health and balance, promoting local businesses, publicizing area nonprofits and encouraging the organic growth of social capital through mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations.”
All the activities listed run from 10 a.m. to noon with the exception of Ben Rudnick and Friends. He doesn’t hit the stage until noon on Saturday. Think of him as the grand finale to all that family bliss.
“Looking forward to pounding nails, blowing bubbles, making instruments, planting flowers, pondering planets, crafting art, learning songs, playing games, attempting juggling, downward dogging and rocking out to Ben Rudnick and Friends with all of you!” Kim says.
Thanks, Kim, we are looking forward to it, too, because let’s be honest – you’re never too old to enjoy a bubble station.
- Music: Music and movement class, Concord Community Music School
- Art: Summer art project, Concord YMCA childcare
- Exercise: Kids yoga class, Peaceful Kids Yoga
- Science: Flower planting, Cole Gardens
- Music: Ray Lassonde
- Art: Wood project kits, Home Depot
- Exercise: Juggling tutorial, Joe Nelson
- Science: Bubble station, Children’s Place
- Music: Ben Rudnick and Friends, noon
- Art: Instrument making, Imagination Village
- Exercise: Classic recess games for the whole family, Concord Family YMCA
- Science: Traveling space exhibit, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center