Concord police log 12/16/08

December 5

The sweatpants

At about 7 p.m., Officers Russell and Thomas Yerkes were sent to a Holly Street residence to investigate a domestic disturbance. According to Yerkes's report, dispatch told him a woman said she had been assaulted.

When Yerkes arrived, he wrote, he saw Russell outside on the sidewalk with a woman. Yerkes didn't see any marks on her, he wrote, and asked her what happened.

She said she'd come home and that her boyfriend, David Anderson, 52, of Concord, was there; she said he had been living at her house for two weeks.

She sensed Anderson was either high or drunk, Yerkes wrote, and asked him if he had been smoking pot or drinking; Anderson told her he “only had a few puffs and about four beers,” Yerkes wrote.

The woman said she told Anderson to leave and that she wasn't going to put up with him drinking and smoking pot in her house, Yerkes wrote, and brought her daughter to a friend's house.

The woman said that when she returned home, she got into an argument with Anderson, telling him again to leave, and he refused. She said Anderson was yelling and she decided to go to bed, Yerkes wrote. She said she had been lying in bed, trying to fall asleep, when Anderson came into the room and pushed her on her back with both hands, Yerkes wrote; Yerkes asked her if Anderson was trying to wake her up, and she said no, she had just gone to sleep. She told Yerkes Anderson continued to yell at her and call her names, and that she called 911; she said Anderson would not stop harassing her and that she wanted an emergency protective order against him, Yerkes wrote.

Yerkes talked to Anderson, who was in the house, he wrote. “I observed that Mr. Anderson's eyes appeared to be bloodshot and watery and that Mr. Anderson was slurring his speech,” he wrote. “I detected a strong odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage on Mr. Anderson's breath and observed that Mr. Anderson was slightly unsteady on his feet. It appeared to me that Mr. Anderson was intoxicated. Mr. Anderson stated that he had consumed approximately six beers since noon that day.”

Anderson said when his girlfriend got home, she was in a bad mood, left with her daughter and came home by herself. He said they argued for a few minutes and he decided to sleep on the couch, Yerkes wrote. Anderson said she went to bed and he went into her room to get sweatpants, Yerkes wrote, then went to sleep downstairs, and that she'd been upstairs for about 45 minutes when the police arrived.

Anderson said he didn't put his hands on her at any point during the night.

“Based on (the woman's) statement and my determination that this disturbance would continue if no action were taken,” Yerkes wrote, “I placed Mr. Anderson under arrest for domestic simple assault.”

Bail was set at $500 personal recognizance, and Anderson is due in court on Jan. 6. He was taken to the county jail, where he was to have been held until sober.

December 12

Father and son

At about 3:30 a.m., Officers Joseph Chaput and Brian Cregg were sent to a Wedgewood Drive residence to help the Franklin Police Department with a domestic assault arrest under the 12-hour law. According to Cregg's report, he was told that he was looking for Alexander D. Luoma, 22, of Concord, who was alleged to have been driving a white Monte Carlo. According to Cregg's report, the officers found a car with the same plates at the end of the driveway at the Wedgewood Drive residence.

Cregg and Chaput went to the door, Cregg wrote, and knocked. Luoma's father answered, Cregg wrote, and said he was very upset that the officers were knocking on his door. Cregg asked again if Luoma was home, he wrote, but Luoma's father “was being very elusive and stated that he did not know if (his son) was home because he had been asleep. (Luoma's father) kept asking us why we were at his house and he was agitated.”

When Cregg told Luoma's father the Franklin police had a 12-hour arrest without a warrant for domestic assault, he wrote, Luoma's father “stated, 'Well, he has been home all night and he is sleeping.' I told (Luoma's father) that I needed to see his son. (Luoma's father) stated that I needed a search warrant and stated that he did not know if A. Luoma was even home. Officer Chaput and I both told (Luoma's father) that he just admitted that A. Luoma was home and we also pointed out the fact that his vehicle was in the driveway.”

Luoma's father continued to be evasive, Cregg wrote, trying to shut the door and saying he would check to see if his son was home, then telling them that he did not want them in his house.

“(Luoma's father) was advised that he could be charged if he was aware that A. Luoma was inside the house and he refused to give us access to him,” Cregg wrote.

Luoma's father finally opened the door and said he was in the basement, Cregg wrote. The officers went downstairs and found Luoma sleeping, he wrote.

“(Luoma's father) followed Officer Chaput and me into the basement,” Cregg wrote. “The basement was extremely small and very confined. (Luoma's father) also brought two large dogs down into the basement with him. He was asked several times to restrain his dogs. (Luoma's father) kept stating that the dogs would not listen to him and there was nothing he could do.”

Cregg told Luoma he needed to get up, he wrote, and that there was a 12-hour law for his arrest on a domestic-related issue in Franklin.

“A. Luoma started to yell, 'That's bull sh**,' ” Cregg wrote, and other profanities directed at the officers. Cregg told Luoma to put on socks and shoes and come with the officers, he wrote.

Luoma continued to direct profanities toward the officers, telling them that he would sue them and that they would be fired, Cregg wrote.

“While I was dealing with A. Luoma,” Cregg wrote, “(Luoma's father) was giving Officer Chaput a hard time. Officer Chaput asked him several times to remove or restrain his dogs and he refused.”

Luoma got up and walked over to his dresser to grab a pair of socks, Cregg wrote, and continued to verbally abuse the officers. He got dressed and uttered more profanities.

“A. Luoma took a few steps forward and I told him that I needed to place him in handcuffs,” Cregg wrote. “A. Luoma stated, 'That is f****** bulls***, I am going to walk out of this house on my own.' I told A. Luoma that he was going to be handcuffed first and he stated that he was not. I grabbed A. Luoma's left wrist while Officer Chaput grabbed his right wrist. A. Luoma pulled both his arms away and struggled with us for a few seconds. We eventually pulled back both his arms to his center back. (Luoma's father) said to A. Luoma, 'Just go with them.' I then placed A. Luoma into handcuffs.”

Luoma was escorted outside and into Cregg's cruiser, Cregg wrote, and continued to yell and swear at the officers.

Chaput followed Cregg to the park and ride on Exit 17, where they were to meet a Franklin police officer, Cregg wrote.

“While en route up I-93, A. Luoma removed his seatbelt and rotated and went on his back,” Cregg wrote. “I quickly pulled over because it seemed that A. Luoma was going to attempt to kick out my back cruiser window. A. Luoma was told to sit up, which he did. The seatbelt was put back on and A. Luoma stated, 'Wait until we meet the Franklin cop and I get these handcuffs off, we are going to go at it.' ” Cregg contacted dispatch and told them that it would be best if he transported Luoma all the way to the county jail because Luoma was “most likely going to give us a hard time.”

From Exit 17 to the county jail, Cregg wrote, Luoma kept spitting on the center pide. At the jail, he continued to give officers there a hard time, Cregg wrote.

The Concord Insider

Author: The Concord Insider

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Newspaper Family Includes:

Copyright 2018 The Concord Insider - Privacy Policy - Copyright